Jack has been really into film noir lately, so this is my contribution to his obsession …
I have been doing a lot of self-portraits in the past few days, not sure why, maybe I am just bored of still life. I did a series today that is sort of interesting, also pretty strange. I don’t really consider these new ones self-portraits, though. They are different.
Tonight I went to the Carolina Artist Photo Expo 2013. Some of you may recall the “Dance Hall” from the Mill? That image won Best of Show! I was super happy and surprised. I also won 1st in color photography for “Blueberries and Yellow Tulips.” I got some cash for the 1st place in color, and for Best of Show I had a choice and went with The Complete Nik Software Collection. I am very excited about the Nik collection. Here is the software and descriptions …
The Complete Collection contains:
- Dfine 2.0 – Best-in-class noise reduction to improve the quality of virtually every photo.
- Viveza 2 – Powered by U Point® technology, Viveza 2 is the most powerful and precise tool available to globally or selectively control light and color in photographs without the need to create complicated selections or layer masks.
- HDR Efex Pro 2 – Powerful controls for creating exceptional natural and artistic images.
- Color Efex Pro 4 Complete Edition – The photographer’s choice for photographic filters.
- Silver Efex Pro 2 – The world’s leading black and white imaging software.
- Sharpener Pro 3.0 – The most advanced, powerful, and complete sharpening solution for photographers.
I’m thrilled! I love new software. Jack and I arrived a little late to the show because he was stuck at the office, but I ended up meeting and talking with a few local photographers. That was the reason I entered, to meet a few new people. I met one photographer who worked for Life Magazine and was the first staff photographer for Time. He also shot for National Geographic. It was neat talking with him.
I also learned about a photography group in Charlotte and I think I will start participating. It will give me a way to meet people who enjoy doing what I enjoy doing. I have looked at their schedule and they have meetups several times a month. I will try to get to one this month.
Tomorrow, I may go to the botanical gardens just for a change of pace, and to be around some greenery.